Thursday, December 6, 2018

Resurrection, Bringing ASO back to life.

     It will no doubt have been noticed by followers and regular readers of this blog that it has been some time since my last post. It's not that I haven't had anything I wanted to share, but rather a case of having too much to do, and not much free time to write in the evenings. Well,...I'm back. Keeping this blog relevant is, and always has been important to me, and it's time I get rolling with it again, and regularly writing, again.

     I have done plenty of things that could well have been written about, but time has passed, and many of the details are now blurry, so I doubt I'll be writing about them. That said, I shall give you a quick peek at what I failed to share with you all.

     In the spring I organized a shooting clinic, which was held at Green Mountain Shooting in Ossipee New Hampshire, for the Ruffed Grouse Society. A number of people came out to listen to lectures on grouse habitat, hunting equipment, guns, chokes, ammo, as well as receive a bit of instruction from Green Mountain shooting coaches while shooting their sporting clays course. Oh yeah. There was a fantastic BBQ meal, too.

     My pup, Bailey, made his field trial debut, too. Bailey ran under Steve Church in the open stake of the Patriot Sporting Spaniel Club's Springer trial held in North Conway New Hampshire back in September. Bailey had a great first series, but took a little walk about during his second series. While nothing Bailey did during his walk about got him dismissed, it was behavior that needed correcting so Steve made the decision to pick him up. While it didn't go as planned, it was far from a disaster. Anyway, what could reasonably be expected when entering a 14 month old in an open stake?

Training with Bailey


     There was a bit of hunting, too. While I didn't go out to the grouse woods as much as I would have liked to, I did have a few good days on the woodcock, and pheasant. I explored new cover in my home state of Massachusetts, and as feeling hopeful for the grouse population, here.

Massachusetts Woodcock

Pheasants shot at the club


     Oh Yeah. I went to England to shoot driven birds again, too. This was my 4th year going over, and was fortunate enough to be invited for a 5th visit. I will make every effort to return.


England photos by Sue Bell


     Outside of my outdoor pursuits I am happy to report that the high school rugby club where I coach made it to the finals for the 6th time in 6 years, and won it for the 3rd time in that same time period.


Wildcats Rugby, players and coaches.


     Anyway, It's good to be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment