Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Road to Recovery

     The road to recovery is paved with lots of interesting twists and turns. Those of you who follow, and check in on my blog regularly probably know I had a wee bit of orthopedic surgery this past winter. Fortunately I'm well on my way to getting as back to normal as the procedure will allow. In fact I can once again properly mount a shotgun, so.... Anyway, the surgery also sucked up lots of my free time by way of having to transition from working a rotation, to working a Monday thru Friday administrative job until I'm fit for full duty. The fact that I'm also preparing for (studying 3-4 hours daily) an up coming highly competitive promotional exam hasn't allowed me too much time for outdoor activity.

     I have been spending a lot of time training and working Ginger, and in a couple of weeks we will be participating in a few hunt tests trying to get the 3 remaining passing scores she needs for her Master Hunter title. The admin position I'm occupying has allowed us to travel north every weekend to train with a group of like minded spaniel enthusiasts, and put a lot of polish on Ginger.

     The admin position also afforded me the time to participate in another spring activity I love; coaching high school rugby. Though I had to assume a bit of a different role this season, as I was forced to be less physical, and hands off so as not to aggravate or injure my wrist, I was as dedicated to the club as always. I'm am pleased to report that once again the boys of the Milton RUFC Wildcats made it to the D-2 state finals for their 4th year in a row. While we were unable to get past the physicality, and fantastic offloading of boys of the Lincoln-Sudbury RUFC we made it. And, in making it to the finals we prevented our crosstown rivals, Brookline RUFC, from being there. All in all, it was a fantastic season, and I am happy to have made a small contribution to the sport.











   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment