Sunday, August 14, 2016

Still Dreaming.

     The Glorious 12th, opening day of the grouse season in the UK, arrived a couple of days ago. I've long dreamed of making a trip to the moors to shoot Red Grouse, but it has yet to become a reality. Truth be told, I hadn't noticed the 12th was upon us this year. Probably because I was stuck at work. Of course the Glorious 12th means little here in the US, but to me it means that someone's wait is over, that someone is shooting grouse, and that my season is not far off.

     Fortunately, Red Grouse shooting is popular enough, and moorland habitat special enough, to get year round attention. Here is a short video I came across that highlights the year round work, the benefits thereof, and some estate shooting of both grouse and pheasant. Oh yeah, there is a little falconry in there too.



A Red Grouse in a North Yorkshire moor.

The closest I've yet to come to grouse shooting, an old grouse butt.



No comments:

Post a Comment